Following God’s direction in the Bible is key to financial turnaround.
God desires to bless you! I invite you to step into His abundance and be transformed by the renewing of your mind through the Word of God.
Getting the Bible’s Perspective on Debt
- The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender. Prov. 22:7
- Work hard and become a leader; be lazy and become a slave. Prov. 12:24 NLT
- Don’t agree to guarantee another person’s debt or put up security for someone else. If you can’t pay it, even your bed will be snatched from under you. Prov. 22:26-27 NLT
- The wicked borrows and does not repay, but the righteous shows mercy and gives. Ps. 37:21
- Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law. Rom. 13:8 NIV
- Don’t love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.” Heb. 13:5 NLT
- You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of men. 1 Cor. 7:23
- The wise have wealth and luxury, but fools spend whatever they get. Prov. 21:20 NLT
- But people who long to be rich fall into temptation and are trapped by many foolish and harmful desires that plunge them into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. And some people, craving money, have wandered from the true faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows. 1 Tim. 6:9-10 NLT
- And He [Jesus] said to them, “Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses.” Luke 12:15