THE KAMPALA MIRACLE
June 6, 2012
We are rejoicing tonight after the first meeting of our Gospel Campaign here in Kampala, Uganda has just come to an end.
The very fact that we are here is a sign and a wonder in itself. We experienced a miracle of provision a couple of days ago that has made this event possible and already we can see that this is going to be a historic event. Here are just a few things that have happened since we arrived:
- Many of you may be familiar with the remarkable story of what happened in Jinja, which is located just about an hours drive from where we are now. (If you're not familiar with this story, you can read all about it in Chapter 30 of evangelist Bonnke's autobiography '“ Living a Life of Fire). Today, for the first time in two decades, evangelist Bonnke set foot on Jinja soil again to pray for this city that has suffered so much since those events transpired some twenty-three years ago. Hundreds of pastors came out to meet him and the presence of God moved in a very special way. I wish I had more time to tell you the whole story, but suffice it to say that what Satan meant for evil, God has turned around for good. The peace of God has returned to Jinja and a new day has dawned!
- Last night we were received by the president of Uganda, his wife and his whole family at the state house, where we had dinner and wonderful fellowship. Afterword Evangelist Bonnke preached the Gospel and we prayed over the first family.
- Tonight evangelist Bonnke preached a powerful evangelistic message and thousands responded. Then we prayed for the sick and wonderful miracles of healing began to take place
- An old lady who was totally blind in both eyes received her sight tonight (see the attached picture)
- A father carried his daughter from the hospital with the intravenous catheter (from an i.v. drip) still attached to her arm. She was inflicted with both typhoid fever and malaria. Tonight she was totally healed and she walked, unaided, up onto the platform to testify.
- A man who had a severe back injury in a motorcycle accident was confined to a back brace.
Tonight, after the power of God came on him, he ripped that brace off and began to dance and jump!
There is much more - too much to tell. We are so grateful to be here and so excited about what Jesus will do here in Kampala this week. Please bombard heaven for us this week. Pray that every chain will be broken and every captive set free.